For any discerning dubstep fan in the mid-noughties, Punch Drunk’s Worth The Weight compilation was a must have. Now, the Bristol label are set to release a follow-up titled Worth The Weight Vol.2 – From The Edge. It’s will feature many members of Bristol’s ‘new school’, with Young Echo and Livity Sound representing strongly.
Skimming over the tracklist, the standout has got to be a Kowton remix of Peverlist’s seminal Roll With The Punches, which will be released as a standalone 12″ on 8th September, before the full compilation comes out on 15th September. Stream the remix and dub mix below, alongside the full tracklist.
1. Hodge – Resolve
2. Tessela – Channel
3. Kahn – Helter Skelter
4. Andy Mac – Asteroid Belts
5. Peverelist – Roll With The Punches (Kowton Linear mix)
6. Zhou – I Remain
7. Kahn – Tehran
8. Zhou – Locust Dub
9. Bass Clef – Stenaline Metranil Solar Flare (Pev mix)
10. Ekoplekz – Vanishing Land intro
11. Pev & Hodge – Bells (dream sequence)
12. Bass Clef – A Rail is a Road and a Road is a River