Drawing inspiration from a wide range of sources, multi-instrumentalist and producer Memotone has carved out a ferociously intimate and wayward style of Electronic music in the last two years, fusing rich atmospheric soundscapes with glitchy rhythms. Part of forward-thinking record label Black Acre (Blue Daisy, Fantastic Mr Fox, Hyetal), last year the 21-year-old put out two remarkable EPs (Multicolour and Lost Hours) as well as debuting a release for Raised By Records, all of which we can’t recommend enough.
Our first guest mix has Memotone drawing on the darker side of his own music – showcasing a range of deep bass and textured beats from Vex’d, Blawan and Throwing Snow. Listen out for two Memotone exlusives in there as well, including the stunning track Many Things off the Hands EP, forthcoming on A Future Without records (March 26th).
Download the exclusive mix for free via our Soundcloud. Also, check out his 2012 exclusive Boiler Room EP which you can cop for free here.
1. Downliners Sekt – U Gumbu (Disboot)
2. Memotone – Vilnius (Forthcoming; Raised By Records)
3. Loops Haunt – Eagles Fated Pillars (Black Acre)
4. Vex’d – Thunder (Planet Mu)
5. Memotone – Many Things (Forthcoming; A Future Without)
6. Vessel – Metle-Take (TriAngle)
7. Manni Dee & Deft – The One, The Art Of The Possible (DUB)
8. Blawan – Iddy (Hessle Audio)
9. Throwing Snow – Too Polite feat. Louis Vines (Local Action)
10. Memotone – Djakka (Black Acre)